Skip to main content

Day Twenty-Seven

"If today were your last, would you do what you’re doing? Or would you love more, give more, forgive more? Then do so! Forgive and give as if it were your last opportunity. Love like there’s no tomorrow, and if tomorrow comes, love again." ~ Max Lucado


Today was a peaceful day. A time to reflect. More than anything I am grateful. Grateful for the friendship I had with my mom. The treasure trove of memories that provide such comfort when the grief overwhelms. I am thankful that she was there for so many milestones in my life. That she had such influence over my kids. I am so blessed to have gleaned so much wisdom from her over the years. She always encouraged me. She always loved unconditionally. There was so much safety in just knowing she was there. She inspired me to be a better person. I was given 35 beautiful years to share with her. I am just...SO GRATEFUL God chose her to be my Mom. I am SO BLESSED she was also my best friend.


I didn't miss her more today than yesterday, or the day before. I think of her everyday. I see her in my Charlee's mischievous looks,  and I hear her Aiden's sense of humor. I witness her in my husbands acts of service, and I felt her in every swipe of my rake yesterday as I cleared our lawn. Her death was like a brand, seared hot on the skin, healed over time. A reminder that life is fleeting, and what we do with the time we have is important. Meaningful. She made my world better just by being in it. I long for the same legacy. Not to be missed. But in the missing...there is meaning.


I spent today being overwhelmed by God's mercy, his unending grace, and peace that passes all understanding. It is well with my soul. 



Comments