Skip to main content

Day Seven

Life. It’s always throwing you curve balls. I’ve had this crazy lymph node on my neck off and on for nearly two years. The last time I went in to have it checked they sent me for a mammogram, and the mammogram showed something peculiar requiring an ultrasound and neither could determine if there was cause to worry or not, so now here we are again. Square One. The lymph node on my neck is back and they want me to go back for a mammogram as soon as possible. All while waiting on blood test results to rule out leukemia or lymphoma. Sitting in a sterile room, while people toss around the C word, all I could think about was my mom. Watching cancer eat her alive, open wounds bleeding and rotting, tumors starting in her lymphatic system and pushing through to her skin. The things we saw are burned into our memories, memories we all fight to stay hidden, untapped because they are to painful, to raw to process. Yet as I watch the needle draw blood, all I can wonder is...is it my turn?


Aside from that very emotionally taxing dr. appointment today I got a lot accomplished. I got the goat pen finished and ready for our new addition Cricket. I even moved a crazy heavy horse mat from my brothers barn to my goat pen...all by myself! (The doctor noticed I ruptured a tricep muscle in my left arm, maybe that’s why I struggled so much with it?!) I cleaned house, did dishes, laundry, made dinner, and dealt with Cricket the escape artist...maybe I shouldn’t be in charge of the goat pen construction 😂 Busy day! But I still found time to eat healthy, drink plenty of water...making it through day seven like a boss! One week down...feeling good!

Comments