Skip to main content

Day Nine

Stress. Today felt overwhelming. Our little goat farm wasn’t functioning smooth, and there’s so many emotions over getting rid of our big boys. We’ve had them, more like loved them, for a year. They were such good pets, and this turn of events with them being aggressive was so disappointing. I feel like the goat drama is all on me. This whole thing started when I said NO to a dog. A dog would have been easier. Last year when Mike & Sully entered into our world my mom was dying, I was struggling to function let alone make sound decisions...and Sully was in the same boat. But I don't regret one minute of it really. These two goats helped Charlee heal. She loved them fiercely, and they loved her. And we all thought they would just be part of our family forever, well at least as long as goats live anyways. The boys never liked me, maybe because they scare me a little. They are big, and rowdy, and don't mind worth a lick. But how could anything that laid in your daughters lap and licked her face be bad? Maybe it was because we interacted with them less over the long winter, or maybe it was just inevitable with two males always fighting for dominance. I wish I had done more research a year ago. Studied the breeds, the temperaments...although I doubt it would have changed the course of events. We needed goats stat. Grandma was dying. We needed a distraction for the kids. Saying goodbye will be hard. It will break all our hearts, except for maybe Aiden...he isn't attached, and he's been at the losing end of those hooves and horns. Our friend is coming over tomorrow to handle the hard part. I hope this is the right decision. I hate this.


And although all the goat predicament is tough, my marital discord is much more of a weight on my shoulders. Throw in hormones and it has been a DAY. I snapped at the kids, I overreacted and made rash decisions, and I stewed/stressed over everything till I was nearly sick. But I didn’t cope by eating. In fact I was so busy I didn’t eat ANYTHING till 6:00 pm 😖

Day nine. I was brutally honest with my husband, opened up the lines of communication and attacked the hard stuff that I generally let destroy me emotionally and eat slowly away the foundation of my marriage. It’s so much easier to just ignore it, or suck it up and keep going...but it’s those things that I bury and ignore that keep me from being happy...and healthy.


Goats, marriage, parenting, and housework all are sources of stress. My usual remedy for stress is eating. Today I delt with my drama, I solved what was in my control to fix and I feebly offered the rest to God. ❤️

Comments