Skip to main content

Day Fourteen


Today I allowed some carbs. One thing I learned. Probably shouldn't allow carbs till you've been on a roll for a few months 😒 My first mistake? Chips & salsa. Scratch that...my first mistake was not eating breakfast. Had I eaten a healthy breakfast this morning, I wouldn't be starving...and had I not been starving I probably would have been able to resist the chips & salsa at Acapulco's. I didn't eat a lot, but there's something mentally that clicks when I have a cheat. It's like, well crap I had a chip now I might as well count today a loss and eat EVERYTHING! 


I fought that off for the most part. I let go of my chimi-changa fantasy and settled for a low carb salad (well, it would have been low carb if I hadn't eaten half the tortilla bowl it came in 😝) Then we had friends over for dinner and I went with a rotisserie chicken, sautéed veggies, & a salad. But as I was cruising the isles of Three Bears getting all of the above for dinner I saw a block of brie cheese...and remembered this one time when we had garlic bread dipped in brie. So yeah...that also went in the cart. And what is dinner without desert? I made a batch of brownies for a the follow up. I'm fired. 


Day Fourteen was NOT a success. I need to learn how to keep my flub ups from turning into entire derailments. I definitely am going to quit while I'm ahead tonight, go to bed...and tomorrow get right back on track. 


I almost made it two weeks without a cheat, one day shy. And even though it sounds like I went hog wild...my portions were small and I don't think it will hurt my progress. It was a good reminder that even the things that sound so good, aren't usually as good as you imagined. And in the end your left dissatisfied. Well, okay not entirely, the brownie was totally worth it. 😁

Although I didn't stick to my low carb eating, I did drink a ton of water and took my supplements. Sometimes these 'cheat days' bleed into 'cheat weeks' which turn into 'cheat months' because I tend to wallow in my own self pity and guilt over ruining my 'perfect streak' ... so the trick will be getting up tomorrow and saying...yeah, I didn't do great yesterday but I'm going to keep on, keeping on...starting today. 

Another reason I am keeping this blog. Accountability. I was kind of hating having to log on tonight with a belly full of regret. 

Comments